Back to our regular chicken wrap lunch. This week’s chicken was again $6.99 and today we shared 1/4 of that.
- Chicken 88c a serve
- One quarter of the $2.74 salad is 60c
- The flatbread is 50c
- Add some hummus at 30c
Today’s lunch cost us $2.28 per serve.
A new recipe: Red cabbage salad, although we swapped fresh blueberries for the raisins for fresher flavor. We figure four very generous serves as a main dish.
It might not be the prettiest dish but it sure was tasty. The blueberries add a fresh bite to offset the cheese beautifully.
- Bacon ends cost $4.99 for the container, but this recipe used about 1/3 of that, or 42c per serve
- Blueberries $2.50 or 63c per serve
- Blue Cheese crumbles $4.99 and we used the lot for $1.25 per serve.
- We got the cabbage given to us, but expect to pay about $2.50 or 63c a serve.
- Molasses (instead of brown sugar) and red wine vinegar, about 15c a serve
Tonight’s dinner cost $3.08 per serve. It’s probably better as a side dish rather than a main although it is very filling and satisfying. The bacon takes on the same color as the cabbage so you never know whether a bit will be bacon or cabbage.