A lunch favorite is an English Muffin with avocado and sardines. Again our lunch featured featured Trader Joe’s Lightly Smoked Sardines for the flavor.
- The sardines cost $1.69 or 85c per serve
- An English Muffin is 50c per serve
- The avocado was 48c or 24c a serve.
Lunch today cost $1.59 per serve.
A last chance to indulge in the Avalon Burbank grills with a New York Strip steak and an unusual – but delicious – strawberry and cucumber salad.
The salad is simplicity itself. Slice up the strawberries and then marinate in balsamic vinegar for 20 minutes. Just before serving, add the slided cucumber. The flavor that develops is quite unexpected.
In the past we’ve served this with wild rice but, alas, the pressure cooker has already been moved as this is the last meal we’re cooking in our Burbank apartment.
- Our 12.8 oz New York Strip steak was $19.99 or $10 a serve
- Organic strawberries were $5.99 or $3 a serve
- The cucumber was 55c or 27c a serve.
Dinner tonight was $13.27 a serve.