Because it was our primary moving day, we grabbed a burger from The Munch Box in our new neighborhood. That’s the first burger we’ve had with chili on it, but it was pretty good.
At $3.40 a serve the Hickory Burger is pretty good value.
While this was the first night living in our new home, a snafu late in the week left us with no range until Monday. Fortunately we have an induction cooker with two hobs, so Greg cooked a favorite: Salmon Chowder.
This is a recipe that Greg created, but it’s a pretty basic seafood stew. It’s big advantage is that everything is available from a supermarket. The recipe makes six serves.
- Canned Salmon $4.99 or 83c per serve
- Two cups of Half & Half $1.79 or 30c a serve
- 2.3 lbs of potato was $2.26 or 38c per serve
- Two carrots were 30c or 5c per serve
- Carton of chicken broth $1.99 or 33c per serve
- A medium onion is around 20c or 3c per serve
The salmon chowder cost us $1.92 a serve. Served with Roast Garlic Bread (already baked as we have no functioning over or grill) which was $4.49 for the loaf: we ate around 40% of the loaf for this meal of $1.80.
The total for this quick and easy meal is $3.72.