The foodies were in different places during lunch, and Philip had to get take-out as he was back Burbank during lunch. In and Out double-double animal style.
Today’s lunch was $3.40
While Philip was in Burbank, Greg cooked up a batch of his home-made Red Beans and Rice to go with the leftover Popeye’s chicken. This is a repeat of our Feb 9 dinner
The semiSerious Foodies finally had our kitchen range installed today, and an electric convection oven is great for reheating fried chicken.
- Chicken is $2.50 a serve
- Onion, oil and garlic and seasonings about 15c per serve
- Each can of organic beans was 99c and we used three, or 50c per serve
- Instead of andouille sausage, we used a Kroger Simple Truth Lightly Smoked Sausage for $2.99 or 50c a serve
- Chicken broth $2.29 or 38c a serve
- And the rice: 33c a serve
Dinner tonight cost us $3.98 per serve.