Today we put together a quesadilla using actual tortilla’s instead of our usual flatbread.
- The eight-pack of tortilla cost $3.29 or 41c per serve
- Half a can of refried beans, shared across two halves: 33c
- Fontera salsa is expensive (and tasty) at $4.69 a jar, but it breaks down to 16c a serve
- 2 oz of cheddar split between two is 50c per serve
Lunch today cost $1.40 per serve.
Once again, our Prather Ranch meat box included two bone-in pork chops, so once again we Sous Vide them before a final fry off in some butter for color and maillard flavors.
- The 12 oz pork chops were $9.44 each serve
- Apple $2.06 or $1.03 per serve
- Celery bunch $2.29 or $1.15 per serve
- The packet of walnuts was $4.93 and about half was used, or $1.23 per serve
Dinner tonight cost $12.85 for a serve twice the size of normal restaurant protein size, at a fraction of the cost of ordering in a restaurant.