It’s chicken wrap time again.
- Split four ways, the $9.99 chicken is $2.50 a quarter or $1.25 per serve
- One quarter of the $2.74 salad is 69c
- The flatbread is 50c
- Hummus is $3.99 per container and we used about 1/6 or 33c per serve
Lunch today cost $2.77 a serve.
Continuing my experiment on the perfect way to cook the NY Strip Steak from Prather Ranch, I took it a little further than last week and cooked it medium rare. The texture is most certainly better bleu than medium rare, as is the flavor.
Tonight was also an experiment with Trader Joe’s Pickled Cauliflower medley. It is good: nice crisp cauliflower and great flavor.
- 12 oz of grass fed New York Strip Steak was $19.45 or $9.72 per serve
- Three small potatoes each cost 55c per serve
- The jar of pickled cauliflower is $3.99 and we used half, or $1.00 per serve.
Tonight’s dinner cost $11.27 per serve, which compares very favorably with a similar meal out.