We’d planned on going out for lunch but changed our mind at the last minute. Instead, one pack of Trader Joe’s Chicken Tikka Marsala and some Madras Lentils substituted
- The Madras Lentils were $3.99 for the pack or $2.00 per serve
- The tikka marsala prepared meal is $4.99 or $2.50 per serve.
Lunch today cost $4.50 per serve.
We decided to give the black been rottini another try, but with a sauce where the color would not matter: puttanesca or ‘slut spaghetti’.
It was much more successful with the dark colored sauce.
- Anchovies are $1.59 a can and half was used, or 40c per serve
- Garlic and seasonings add about 10c per serve
- The rotini was $2.99 or $1.00 per serve
- Canned tomatoes were $2.19 or 73c per serve
- A jar of pitted olives is $2.99 but only half is used in the recipe or 75c per serve.
Dinner tonight cost $2.98 per serve.