Although today is Burbank Monday, a schedule change meant eating at home before heading out. We had rye bread, sliced corned beef, swiss cheese and some beet and cabbage slaw… what to do? Obviously a Reuben!
- Two slices of bread add 50c per serve
- The Wildbrine Red Beet and Red Cabbage salad is $6.99 for the container but we used only a couple of tablespoons on each sandwich, or 88c per serve.
- Sliced swiss cheese is $3.99 per pack of 12 slices and we used one per sandwich, or 33c per serve
- The sliced, nitrate free corned beef is $4.99 a pack and we used about half or $1.25 per serve
- We added a little mustard, say 5c per serve.
Lunch today cost $3.01 per serve.
A second trip to Burbank in one day, for a regular get together with a friend over beers. We chose to eat at Gordon Biersch as well as drink their beer.
Foodie Philip had the Gastro Pub Burger while Foodie Greg had the Steak Frite.
- With tax and tip, the average of both meals was $21.90.
Dinner tonight cost $21.90