Take some leftover potato and green bean salad, add some canned tuna and an egg and it’s almost a salad niçoise.
- The potato salad is $1.35 a serve
- An organic egg is 50c
- The grape tomatoes cost 99c or 50c per serve
- Canned Yellowfin tuna in oil is $2.29 per can, or $1.15 a serve.
Lunch today cost $3.50 a serve.
While Thursday night is traditionally our ‘steak night’ this week it’s Friday and a Rib Eye steak from Prather Ranch was defrosted.
Served with a new salad for us: Vietnamese Grilled Eggplant Salad. The eggplant was grilled on the griddle on our induction cooktop until it was soft, then cut into the salad.
This salad is amazingly good. Would be an excellent meal choice for a vegetarian dinner. Although the steak was excellent – Prather Ranch meat always is – the Grilled Eggplant Salad was the best dish on the plate.
We halved the recipe to suit the two of us, and – since neither of us likes cilantro, substituted lemon balm, mostly because we have a very healthy pot of it, but it worked really well in this recipe.
- The Prather Ranch Rib Eye was $20.47 for .8lb or $10.24 per serve
- Two Japanese eggplants $1.64 or 82c per serve
- The mint was $1.29 but we only used about 1/3 or 25c per serve
- The lemon balm was free
- Add 35c per serve for the sauce ingredients.
Dinner tonight was amazing, and cost $11.66 per serve.