As we had to go to Lowes to collect some items for a home project, we decided to have brunch at the Country Deli because it was on the way, and we didn’t have any other plans.
As it turned out, three tips to Lowes and one to Home Depot were on the agenda for today.
The Country Deli runs $19 per serve with tax and tip.
Tonight’s meal is a spicy, Peruvian inspired Spaghetti with Bolognese Meat Sauce, except it is about 20x better than the best Bolognese Meat Sauce I’ve ever had. Sorry to my Italian friends.
Having just planted a Pepper tree, we’ll have plenty of pink peppercorn in our future.
The ‘California’ Pepper tree, is really a Peruvian transplant, so a Peruvian recipe featuring pink peppercorns (the fruit of said tree) isn’t that surprising. What is surprising is how good this was.
We found it made three serves in practice, and again we dropped the cilantro. The recipe suggests serving with rice or noodles, so we chose rice noodles!
- 1lb of Prather Ranch ground pork is $8.86 or $2.95 per serve
- Limes were $1.56 and about half went into the dish, or 26c per serve
- The can of coconut milk was $1.99 or 66c per serve
- Red curry paste is $3.69 a jar and we used 1/4 or 31c per serve
- The soy adds 42c per serve
- Add 35c for the toasted coriander, pink peppercorns, rice wine and cornstarch
- Rice noodles are $3.56 per 14oz box, we used about 1/3 of the box, or 40c per serve.
Dinner tonight was amazingly delicious and cost $5.35 per serve.19
One thought on “Jun 18: Country Deli; Red Curry and Pink Peppercorn Meat Sauce with Rice Noodles”