For lunch we went immediately for our favorite sandwich: a Bahn Mi for $8.75 per serve with tax and tip.
It was time to revisit the Peruvian Meat Sauce, a.k.a. Red Curry and Pink Peppercorn Meat Sauce, we had on June 18th. This time with soba noodles.
Nothing unusual about using a Thai curry with a Peruvian recipe and serving with Chinese noodles!
Again we found that the recipe makes for three generous serves.
- 1lb of Prather Ranch ground pork is $9.26 or $3.09 per serve
- Limes were $1.56 and about half went into the dish, or 26c per serve
- The can of coconut milk was $1.99 or 66c per serve
- The curry paste was $2.29 for the can, or 76c per serve
- The soy adds 42c per serve
- Add 35c for the toasted coriander, pink peppercorns, rice wine and cornstarch
- Soba noodles add 40c per serve
- The cost of the bok choy has already been accounted.
Dinner tonight was, again, amazing. Definitely the best “spaghetti with meat sauce” ever, and it cost $5.94 per serve.