We shared almost the same two sandwiches as yesterday. We did a do-over on the canned asparagus and Swiss but with more salt, which did improve it somewhat, but it still lacks freshness.
- The pastrami was $13.51 for 1.04 lb and we used 2 oz, or 82c per serve
- Sprouted Rye bread is 32c per serve
- The Tabouli is $2.69 and we put about 2 oz on the sandwich, or 33c per serve
- The asparagus is $3.29 for the can, but we used only 1/5 or 33c per serve
- Swiss slices are 12 for $3.99 or 17c per serve
- Add 45c for butter and garlic dip.
Lunch today cost $2.42 per serve.
Tonight we took pork cutlets from our Keller Crafted meat delivery (formerly Prather Ranch) and prepared them in a Mushroom and Marsala sauce from Trader Joe’s. We served with a cheesy pureed cauliflower with baby kale chopped through.
- At 1.1 lb it was a very generous serve of pork cutlets costing $15.39 or $7.70 per serve
- The Mushroom and Marsala sauce was $2.99 or $1.50 per serve
- The cauliflower was $3.96 or $1.96 per serve
- Baby kale adds 30c per serve
- The cheddar was $3.99 or $1.00 per serve
- Add 30c for seasoning.
Tonight’s pork chops were excellent and perfectly cooked. The Mushroom and Marsala sauce was full of mushroom and flavor. It was not shy with the Marsala! The cheesy cauliflower puree was a little disappointing, because in chopping the baby kale for distribution through the puree, it went a little “grassy” tasting: good but not great. Overall, though, a great meal for $12.76 per serve.