The Foodies were at different places during lunch. Foodie Greg had crisp bread, while Philip caught up with a little chicken salad late in the day.
Average cost about $1.20 per serve.
Tonight’s meal was put together without much pre-planning so we decided on Southwest Beans and Sausage with brown rice.
The recipe makes four serves and it basically just involves cutting up stuff, opening a couple of cans, and cooking some rice, which is always faster in the pressure cooker!
- The Andouille Sausage is the most expensive component at $5.99 or $1.50 per serve
- Bell pepper: $1.13 or 16c per serve
- Onion: 10c per serve
- Fire roasted diced tomato (canned): $1.69 a can or 48c per serve
- The pinto beans are 99c a can or 28c a serve
- For the herbs, 15c a serve
- And the rice: 33c a serve
Dinner tonight cost $3.00 a serve. It’s a very tasty, warming stew with a little heat from the andouille.