Since we were both in Burbank, with a modified Monday schedule, we opted for Jack’s ‘shack’ bacon cheeseburger. This is a really good burger, more toward the Australian style. An Australian burger would be expected to have lettuce, tomato, grilled onion, tomato sauce (not ketchup, they’re different) and pickled beetroot. A works burger would also have bacon, cheese and a sunnyside egg.
But this burger is great too! Lunch today cost $6.00 per serve with tax.
I suppose there are more ‘American’ recipes for Independence Day, but smoked pork sausages with the remainder of the Apple Slaw, seemed good to us. The stove-top smoker is getting a workout this week!
- The pork sausages are $6.23 for four, or $3.12 per serve
- One Granny Smith apple went into the slaw, or 20c per serve
- Coleslaw mix from the supermarket is $1.25 but we used less than half, or 16c per serve
- Add 6c for the dressing per serve
- We used about 1/15 of the $2.99 bbq sauce bottle, or 10c per serve.
Dinner tonight cost $3.64 per serve.