Time to eat the remainder of Sunday’s Popeye’s Fried Chicken, but with home-made red beans, and rice.
- Eight pieces of chicken were $9.99, but that makes four serves in all, making each serve $2.50
- Red beans and rice $2.09 a serve.
Lunch today cost $4.59 as a mix of home-made and store bought.
In a lunch-for-dinner mode, we had our version of a quesadilla. Adding eggs makes it dinner!
We prefer fried eggs sunny-side up, but it’s difficult to keep the yolk soft and runny, while cooking the white so when out we tend to order ‘over easy’. The real trick to getting a great result is to use a saucepan lid over the eggs during the second half of their cooking. This is a gentle steam of the top, setting the white.
- One flatbread (half of two) costs 50c a serve
- Half a can of refried beans, shared across two halves: 26c
- A very generous serve of salsa is 20c per serve
- 2 oz of cheddar split between two is 50c per serve
- Each egg is 50c or $1.00 per serve.
Dinner tonight cost $2.46.