The gyro meat is back in stock at Trader Joe’s, so add some hummus and tabouli in a wrap, and that’s lunch!
- The fully cooked sliced gyro/yeros meat is $3.99 per 10oz pack. There are really four serves, so each serve is very slightly cheaper than the chicken, at $1.00 per serve.
- The flatbread is 50c
- Hummus is $3.99 per container and we used about 1/6 or 33c per serve
- We served 1/4 of the tabouli salad or 67c per serve.
Lunch today cost $2.50 per serve.
One of the interesting side effects of a monthly meat delivery is the inclusion of cuts we would otherwise not be aware of, or consider. This month we got a Beef Cross Rib Roast. At first it seems like a slow-cook cut, but research suggested roasting, which we did to medium rare.
There seem to be 6-7 serves in the roast, but we’ll call it six for easy math.
The creamy blue cheese sauce with asparagus and peas was a repeat and still pretty damned good!
- The Cross Rib Roast was $21.37 or $3.56 a serve
- The gnocchi was $1.69 or 57c per serve
- The half pint of cream is $1.99 or 67c per serve
- The asparagus was $2.99 but we only used half, or 50c per serve
- The crumbled blue was $3.49 for the container. We used half or 58c per serve.
Dinner tonight was definitely restaurant worthy and cost $5.88 per serve.