Slice some leftover steak, add tomatoes, horseradish cream (homemade, of course) and sandwich in a toasted onion bagel, and that’s lunch.
- The Cross Rib Roast was $3.56 a serve, which halved for the bagel or $1.78
- The baby cherry tomatoes were $3.99. We used 1/3 or 67c per serve
- An onion bagel is 33c per served
- Add 10c for the sour cream and horseradish.
Lunch today cost $2.88 per serve.
Since we had some ground pork left in the Prather Ranch delivery from last month (and a new delivery today) we decided to do a repeat of the Stir Fried Shanghai Noodles with Ground Pork and Cabbage, which makes four generous serves.
The mung bean sprouts add a nice crunch and a refreshing wetness.
- The pork came from our Prather Ranch meat delivery – 1 lb of ground pork cost $8.47 or $2.12 per serve
- The pre-cooked organic noodles retail for $3.19 or 80c per serve
- The various seasonings add around 30c per serve
- We used one third of the $1.29 spring onion on two serves or 22c per serve
- The mung bean sprouts are $1.49 and we used half or 75c per serve.
- Instead of cabbage we used the remainder of the coleslaw mix from the supermarket which was $1.25 but we used less than half, or 16c per serve.
Dinner tonight cost $4.35 per serve for a filling and very tasty dish.