A return to the gyro meat wrap, and again with cucumber because it adds a nice, wet crunch to the wrap.
- The fully cooked sliced gyro/yeros meat is $3.99 per 10oz pack. There are really four serves, so each serve is very slightly cheaper than the chicken, at $1.00 per serve.
- The flatbread is 50c per serve
- Hummus is $3.99 per container and we used about 1/6 or 33c per serve
- A box of Persian cucumbers was $2.49 for five, and we used one, or 25c per serve
- We served 1/4 of the tabouli salad or 67c per serve.
Lunch today cost $2.75.
Trader Joes have bratwursts imported from Germany as an Octoberfest seasonal special that we had been wanting to try, so why not choucroute? They get a big thumbs up from us!
The addition of cooked pork belly to the choucroute was a great enhancement. Tonight’s meal served three.
- The fully cooked pork belly (Trader Joes) was $6.49 or $2.17 per serve
- The Oktoberfest bratwurst was $3.49 for 4, or $1.13 per serve
- The sauerkraut is $2.99 a pack or $1.00 per serve
- The carrots were 50c or 17c per serve
- Potatoes add 70c per serve
- The onion, garlic, bay leaf and juniper berries add another 35c per serve
- White wine adds another 72c per serve.
Dinner tonight made three generous serves and cost $6.24 per serve.