We decided to head down off the hill to greater Chatsworth and pick ups a burrito. This time we tried the Asada, which was pretty good.
The burrito costs $5.50 with tax.
With so much meat over the last couple of days, including lunch, we opted for a (mostly) meat free dinner. Well, there was some bacon.
The recipe makes a good six serves.
- Two packs of fresh, sliced mushrooms cost $3.99 a pack, or $1.33 a serve
- The pearl barley is $4.89 for a 28 oz bag, or 61c per serve
- Two cups of broth is half a $1.99 carton or 17c per serve
- The packet of parmesan cost $6.99 but we used about 1/8 for three servings, or 29c per serve
- Add another 20c for onion, oil and herbs.
Dinner today cost $2.60 per serve.