We still had chicken and baguette so we repeated yesterday’s lunch.
- The BBQ chicken was $6.99 but we shared one breast, or 88c per serve
- The baguette was $2.69 and we shared half, or 68c per serve
- The jar of sun dried tomato is $3.70 but we used only 1/4 or 46c per serve
- Add 10c for the arugula.
Lunch today cost $2.12 per serve.
It was time to revisit the Peruvian Meat Sauce, a.k.a. Red Curry and Pink Peppercorn Meat Sauce, we had on June 18th. This time with rice noodles.
Again we found that the recipe makes for three generous serves, particularly with the side salad.
- 1lb of Prather Ranch ground pork is $9.30 or $3.10 per serve
- Limes were $1.56 and about half went into the dish, or 26c per serve
- The can of coconut milk was $1.99 or 66c per serve
- Red curry paste is $3.69 a jar and we used 1/4 or 31c per serve
- The soy adds 42c per serve
- Add 35c for the toasted coriander, pink peppercorns, rice wine and cornstarch
- Rice noodles are $3.56 per 14oz box, we used about 1/2 of the box, or 60c per serve.
Dinner tonight was, again, amazing. Definitely the best “spaghetti with meat sauce” ever, and it cost $5.70 per serve.