Since we were out doing some quick grocery shopping, we stopped in at our favorite Mexican ‘hole in the wall’ and picked up a burrito on the way home.
- Today’s lunch was $5.50 with tax.
Time to use some thick cut pork chops from our Prather Ranch delivery. As we usually do, we Sous Vide the chops ahead of a quick fry off for color and crust. Tonight’s pork chops were cooked to perfection.
Naturally we paired it with a Waldorf Salad!
- 12oz (about double a typical restaurant portion) of pork chop cost an average of $9.38
- A small pack of pecans is $1.59 or 80c per serve
- The celery was 50c but we used about 1/3 or 10c per serve
- An Envy apple was $1.40 or 70c per serve
- Add 15c for mayonnaise and sour cream for the dressing.
Dinner tonight was excellent: every bit as good as a restaurant version at $30-$40 a serve, but cost us only $11.13.