A repeat of a favorite but today with the roast butternut squash hummus from Saturday night and no cucumber.
- The fully cooked sliced gyro/yeros meat is $3.99 per 10oz pack, or $1.00 per serve.
- The flatbread is 50c per serve
- We used the roast butternut squash hummus from Saturday night’s Pop-up
- We served 1/4 of the tabouli salad or 67c per serve.
Lunch today cost $2.17.
Another favorite makes a return appearance: Pioneer Woman’s Sausage, Potato and Kale soup that we haven’t had since late February. According to Pioneer Woman:
This is a make-at-home version of Olive Garden’s “Zuppa Toscana.”
It’s a generous recipe making at least six serves. For the protein we used ground pork from our monthly Prather Ranch delivery. We created our own half and half using full cream pastured milk and half a pint of whipping cream.
- 1lb Prather Ranch ground pork was $8.79 or $1.47 a serve
- Chicken broth $1.99 or 33c per serve
- Kale cost $2.49 for the bunch or 42c per serve
- Half a pint of whipping cream was $1.99 or 33c per serve
- The milk was $1.69, or 28c per serve
- Potatoes $1.79 or 30c per serve
- Add 10c per serve for herbs and seasonings
- Six par baked rustic rolls were $3.29 or 55c per serve.
Tonight’s dinner cost $3.78 per serve. It’s an excellent soup and well worth the effort.