The Yero pack being finished we got some precooked and sliced chicken breast.
- The flatbread is 50c per serve
- The shredded chicken is $5.49 for the pack, or $1.38 per serve
- Chickpea Balela salad is $2.69 or 68c per serve
- We used the last of the roast butternut squash hummus from Saturday’s pop-up meal.
Lunch today cost $2.56 per serve.
Since it makes six serves, we generally get three meals from a batch of Pioneer Woman’s Sausage, Potato and Kale soup. Tonight is the second.
- 1lb Prather Ranch ground pork was $8.79 or $1.47 a serve
- Chicken broth $1.99 or 33c per serve
- Kale cost $2.49 for the bunch or 42c per serve
- Half a pint of whipping cream was $1.99 or 33c per serve
- The milk was $1.69, or 28c per serve
- Potatoes $1.79 or 30c per serve
- Add 10c per serve for herbs and seasonings
- Six par baked rustic rolls were $3.29 or 55c per serve.
Tonight’s dinner cost $3.78 per serve. It’s an excellent soup and well worth the effort.