As we had to drive down to Lowes to buy a new stake to keep our Peruvian Pepper Tree vertical in our high wind conditions, so we stopped at The Country Deli for lunch. Foodie Philip had his regular marinated skit steak (with three eggs and home fries) while Foodie Greg had a breakfast burrito.
The average was $21.52 per serve with tax and tip.
Aged Top Sirloin from our Prather Ranch meat delivery, draped over a bed of arugula, roast beets and blue cheese crumbles made an excellent steak salad.
- 12 oz of steak was $11.29 or $5.65 per serve
- Blue cheese crumbles are $3.49 for the pack but we used about 1/4 or 44c per serve
- The arugula was $2.29 for the pack, but we used 1/3 or 38c per serve
- The baby peeled beets were $1.99, and we used 80% or the pack or 80c per serve
- Add 15c for the horseradish and other dressing ingredients.
The steak was perfectly cooked for the cut, and the combination worked exceptionally well for just $7.42 per serve.