The Yero pack being finished we got some precooked and sliced chicken breast.
- The flatbread is 50c per serve
- The shredded chicken is $5.49 for the pack, or $1.38 per serve
- Chickpea Balela salad is $2.69 or 68c per serve
- Hummus is $3.99 per container and we used about 1/6 or 33c per serve
Lunch today cost $2.89 per serve.
Foodie Greg had an idea for a modified Cob Salad: swap out bacon and chicken for Trader Joe’s Cooked Pork Belly, that we reheated by smoking!
- Blue cheese crumbles are $3.49 for the pack and we used about 1/3 or 58c per serve.
- You can tell by the deep gold yolk that these are pastured eggs: 50c each -one per serve – but worth it for the taste.
- Avocados are 65c per serve.
- Trader Joe’s fully cooked pork belly is $6.49 for the pack or $3.25 per serve.
- The organic baby plum tomatoes were $2.79 for the pack but we used half, or 70c per serve.
- Add 10c for the greens.
Tonight’s Cobb Salad cost $5.78 per serve. The smoked pork belly was delicious, but probably a little out of balance with the total meal. We think it would be better to serve less of the pork, and have some chicken as well to balance the meal. But the smoked pork belly was delicious!