Once again, we decided on a tuna melt on an onion bagel.
- The can of skipjack tuna in water was $1.49 or 75c per serve
- The vegan dressing (not mayo!) is $2.29 a jar but we used about 15c worth each serve
- An onion bagel is 50c
- Cheese was 55c per serve
- Add 30c for the spring onion and celery per serve.
Lunch was $2.25 per serve and delicious.
The final two serves of Pioneer Woman’s Sausage, Potato and Kale soup from October 17.
- 1lb Prather Ranch ground pork was $8.79 or $1.47 a serve
- Chicken broth $1.99 or 33c per serve
- Kale cost $2.49 for the bunch or 42c per serve
- Half a pint of whipping cream was $1.99 or 33c per serve
- The milk was $1.69, or 28c per serve
- Potatoes $1.79 or 30c per serve
- Add 10c per serve for herbs and seasonings
- Six par baked rustic rolls were $3.29 or 55c per serve.
Tonight’s dinner cost $3.78 per serve. It’s an excellent soup and well worth the effort.