As part of a shopping trip, we picked up one Asada and one El Pastor burritos from our favorite place.
A burrito is $5.50 per serve.
Time to revisit an old favorite: Alton Browns deconstructed Chicken Pot Pie, with a little curry flavor. It also used up the last of the chicken from last week’s roast chicken. The recipe makes four serves.
- The roast chicken is $9.99 for the bird, but we used a breast, or 63c per serve
- The two packs of frozen vegetables were on a 10 for $10 special, or 50c per serve
- Chicken broth $2.29 or 38c a serve
- A pack of 12 sheets of puff pastry is $3.99 or 33c per serve
- Celery and onion add 35c per serve
- Add 30c per serve for the other ingredients.
We thought the recipe needed more curry as it wasn’t particularly noticeable. Otherwise this is a easy dish, easy to prepare (although over a longish period) and tasty enough for $2.49 per serve.