While it wasn’t the naan that we planned to have with our coconut fish curry, we did like the artisan crispbread we had in its place. It turned out to be a perfect foundation for smoked salmon, cream cheese, capers and thinly sliced shallots.
- Two pieces of artisan flat bread cost $2.50 or 63c per serve
- Salmon was $5.99 or $3.00 a serve
- The avocado was 35c per serve
- Add 1oc for capers and shallots.
Lunch today was generous and delicious for $4.05 per serve
Thursday night is our ‘steak’ night, although we interpret that pretty loosely. Tonight we paired dry aged NY Strip Steak with Gorgonzola Gnocchi: asparagus, peas and shallot in a cream and gorgonzola sauce.
The gnocchi makes four serves so we have two left over for a repeat.
- 12 oz of dry aged NY Strip steak was $20.22 or $10.11 per serve
- Onion and seasonings add 25c per serve
- The gnocchi was $1.69 from Trader Joes, or 42c per serve
- Chopped and trimmed asparagus was $3.99 or $1.00 per serve
- Peas were $1.29 but we only used half, or 17c per serve
- Trader Joe’s crumbled Gorgonzola is $3.49 and we used the whole tub or 88c per serve.
Dinner tonight cost $12.94, was delicious with a much bigger serve of gnocchi than would have come as a steakhouse side, and way better value than going out to a steakhouse where this meal would have been closer to $50.00 per serve with tax and tip.