A nice sunny so we toasted an onion bagel each, and filled it with kumato, shallot, capers and smoked salmon. Delicious.
- An onion bagel is 50c
- Salmon was $5.99 or $3.00 a serve
- Add 25c for labne, shallot and capers.
Lunch today was generous and delicious for $3.75 per serve.
A new recipe for us: Pasta Risotto with Peas and Pancetta featuring orzo – a pasta shaped like rice.
- 6 oz. of cubed pancetta cost $3.29 or $1.65 per serve
- The peas are 99c per pack, but we used half or 25c per serve
- The orzo is $1.42 for a 1 lb box, but only half was used for our two serves, or 25c per serve
- Shaved Parmesan blend cost $2.99 but we used about 1/2 for this salad, or 75c per serve.
- Add 45c for the oil, butter and seasonings.
The recipe tastes good, and costs $3.35 per serve.