What to do with leftover meatloaf? Meatloaf sandwiches, with an excellent sprouted rye bread from Trader Joe’s.
- Sprouted rye bread is 17c per slice, or 34c per serve
- Half a serve of meatloaf each is $1.98.
Today’s lunch was pretty tasty, and cost $2.32
Because chicken contributes little in flavor to a chicken pot pie, we opted for a veggie version that featured mushrooms. The recipe makes four serves.
- Organic celery was $1.89 per bunch, or 12c per serve
- Russet potatoes were $1.12 or 28c per serve
- Mushrooms were $2.29 or 58c per serve
- Organic carrots were 26c, or 9c per serve
- Whipping cream was $1.99 or 50c per serve
- Buttermilk biscuits were $2.99 per pack, or 75c per serve
- Add 30c per serve for onion and seasonings
- Chives were $1.79 or 23c per serve.
Tonights meal was a decent pot pie for $2.85 a serve.