For lunch we went back to our gyro/yeros meat in a wrap but we added some shredded cheese we had in the refrigerator. Cheese in a yeros wrap is very common in Australia.
- The fully cooked sliced gyro/yeros meat is $3.99 per 10oz pack. There are really four serves, so each serve is very slightly cheaper than the chicken, at $1.00 per serve.
- The flatbread is 50c per serve
- Hummus is $3.99 per container and we used about 1/6 or 33c per serve
- Shredded cheese mix was $3.49 for the pack but we less than 1/8, or 22c per serve
- We served 1/4 of the tabouli salad or 67c per serve.
Lunch today cost $2.72.
The Soutzoukakia (Greek style meatballs) was such a success last time we had it, that we had to do it again, but with ground lamb instead of beef.
Tonight we served three.
- The ground lamb was $7.99 or $2.67 per serve
- An egg is 45c or 15c per serve
- 8 oz Panko breadcrumbs are $2.99 and we used half, or 25c per serve
- Shaved Parmesan blend cost $2.99 but we used about 1/8 for this salad, or 13c per serve
- 1/4 cup and a tablespoon of red wine – halved – is 34c per serve
- Canned crushed tomatoes were $1.69 for the can, or 57c per serve
- The eggplant, tomato and onion is $2.69 or 90c per serve
- Onions, shallot and garlic adds 25c per serve
- We doubled up the fresh mint came from our garden and dropped the parsley
- Tomato paste comes in a 90c can, but we used 1/8 or 5c per serve
- Add 30c for the spices
- Rice adds 50c per serve.
Dinner tonight was excellent: even better than last time. The addition of the eggplant mix was a step up. Tonight’s meal cost $6.11 per serve.