For lunch we prepared two par-baked rolls, smeared them with spicy mayonnaise (left over from the sushi) and sandwiched in a slice of the Turkey, Bacon, Chipotle meatloaf, which finishes the meatloaf.
- The roll is 63c
- The meatloaf is $3.50 for a full serve, but we used 1/3 serve per roll, or $1.17 per serve
- There was no net cost for the spicy mayo.
Lunch today cost $1.80 per serve and was really good.
A new recipe tonight: Miso Udon Noodle Soup. As there are only the two of us, we made a half batch, which was more than enough as neither of us completely finished.
- Chicken stock cost $1.99 or $1.00 per serve
- Sugar snap peas were $2.49 for the pack, but as we only used half, 63c per serve
- Roasted seaweed adds 30c per serve
- Shitake mushrooms are $2.99 or $1.50 per serve
- The udon noodles were $3.89 but we used 1/3 or 65c per serve
- Organic baby carrots were $1.69 for the pack, of which we used half, or 28c per serve
- Add 15c for ginger
- Miso Easy is $5.99 for the bottle that we used about 1/8 of in this dish, or 38c per serve.
- Add 10c for rice wine vinegar as a substitute for mirin.
Dinner tonight was tasty, and meat free for $4.99 per serve.