It happens that The Country Deli is between Home Depot or Lowes and home. What else could we do but stop in for lunch. Foodie Philip continued with the marinated skirt steak, home fries and eggs, while Greg had a pastrami sandwich with steak fries.
Lunch at The Country Deli (without drinks) always runs around $21.50 per serve with tax and tip.
Cross rip steak still in the freezer from our meat delivery, so beef massaman curry even though the weather is anything but cold! We use a curry base we buy from Amazon for this simple, quick meal for three.
- The cross rib steak was $5.66 or $2.83 per serve
- The curry is $3.38 per can or $1.69 per serve
- Coconut milk is $1.69 per can or 85c per serve
- Peanuts were $2.99 but we only used half, or 75c per serve
- Potato adds 25c per serve
- Onion (not pearl) adds 15c per serve
- Rice adds 30c per serve.
Tonight’s dinner was $6.82 per serve and very tasty, as always. The beef softened to a beautiful texture with unctuous fat.