It’s the Sunday of a long weekend, so let’s indulge a little.
- Smoked salmon $5.99 for the 4oz pack or $3.00 a serve
- The pack of six onion bagels is $1.99 or 33c per serve
- The neufchâtel cheese is $1.49 for the pack, and we used 1/3 or 25c per serve
- A Persian cucumber is 50c or 25c per serve
- Add 15c for capers and shallot.
Lunch today cost $3.98 a serve.
With the hot weather we’ve been having, it was a welcome return to a favorite: Nigel Lawson’s watermelon, feta and black olive salad. It’s a summer regular and very, very good.
We made three serves from a small watermelon.
- We were given the watermelon
- Feta comes in a $6.49 tub and we used half, or about $1.08 per serve
- Pitted olives come in $2.99 jars and one quarter was used, or 25c per serve
- The red onion is 52c or 13c per serve (there is left over onion)
- Mint came from our garden
- Olive oil and seasonings add another 20c per serve.
Dinner tonight (with a lunch for Greg on Tuesday) cost $1.66 per serve. It’s an excellent dish and every time we serve it for someone, they want the recipe.