Our favorite wrap has disappeared from the supermarket shelf, so we’re looking for alternatives, starting with pita pockets.
- The fully cooked sliced gyro/yeros meat is $3.99 per 10oz pack. There are really four serves, so each serve is very slightly cheaper than the chicken, at $1.00 per serve.
- The pita are $1.99 for a pack of six, or 35c each
- Hummus is $3.99 per container and we used about 1/6 or 33c per serve
- We served 1/4 of the tabouli salad or 67c per serve.
Lunch today cost $2.35.
Puttanesca – a.k.a. slut spaghetti – is a quick and easy meal, mostly from cans, but we used only fresh kumato instead of canned.
- Anchovies are $1.59 a can, or 40c per serve
- Garlic and seasonings add about 10c per serve
- The pasta was $1.29 or 33c per serve
- The kumatos (black tomato) are $3.49 for six, or 58c per serve
- A jar of pitted olives is $2.99 but only half is used in the recipe or 38c per serve
Dinner tonight cost $1.79 a serve.