For variety we purchased a large supermarket chicken.
- The flatbread is 50c per serve
- The roast chicken is $9.99 for the bird, which works out at 63c per serve
- We picked up a bacon and blue cheese salad kit from the supermarket for $3.99 or $1.00 per serve.
Lunch today cost $2.13 per serve.
Another new recipe: Crispy Spiced Lamb & Lentils with Tomato Cucumber Salsa and a Tzatziki and Feta Dressing, served in a lettuce cup. The lamb recipe came from the linked page, but the salsa and dressing were created by Foodie Greg.
- The lamb was $5.99 or $1.50 per serve
- The Madras Lentils were $3.99 for the pack or $1.00 per serve
- Add 30c for spices and oil
- A Persian cucumber is $1.03 or 51c per serve
- Tomatoes were $1.13 or 28c per serve
- The feta in brine was $6.50 and 1/4 went into dinner, or 41c per serve
- The “yoghurt & cucumber” dip (tzatziki) is $4.99 but we used only two tablespoons, or 31c per serve
- The roots-on lettuce cost $3.49 but we used only a fraction of the head, or 10c per serve.
We felt that the lamb mix needed more spice, but otherwise this is a great combination. A little messy to eat. Dinner tonight cost $4.11 per serve.