A return to an egg salad with watercress sandwich, paired with a spicy tuna sachet sandwich. Both were shared.
- Two slices of bread are 39c
- The tuna pouch is $1.29 or 65c per serve
- Add 10c for watercress
- Mayonnaise dressing is $2.29 or 12c per serve
- Eggs are 50c each and we shared one or 25c per serve
Lunch today cost $1.51 per serve.
The first opportunity to cook on the new grill we assembled this morning, so we cooked Prather Ranch rib eye. We served it with a Kale slaw kit from Ralph’s (Kroger) and the most decadent onion, cream and blue cheese sauce, which is almost a side.
- A slightly larger than average rib eye – at .87 lb – cost $21.74 or $10.87 per serve
- The kale, cabbage and dried cranberry salad kit was $2.99 and we used half for this meal, or 75c per serve
- Instead of heavy cream we used a mix of half and half, and sour cream, which works out around 80c per serve
- An onion is 12c
- Blue cheese crumbles are $3.49 for the pack but we used about 1/3 or 75c per serve.
The rib eye was cooked to a perfect rare, the onion, cream and blue cheese sauce was beyond decadent with sweetness from the onion, a tangy bite from the blue cheese and that creamy mouth feel that made French cuisine so popular for so long, while the salad provided a balancing fresh crunch. A near perfect meal for $13.29 per serve.