Since it’s the weekend, why not indulge in a smoked salmon, cream cheese, capers, shallot sandwich. So we did.
- Twos slice of bread are 32c per serve
- Smoked salmon $5.99 for the 4oz pack or $3.00 a serve
- The soft cheese of choice was Neufschatel at $2.99 for the block, of which we used 1/4 or 38c
- Add 15c for capers and shallot.
Lunch today was – as expected – delicious for $3.85 per serve
Time for pork chops from our Prather Ranch meat delivery. Unlike modern pork these heritage breed chops are nicely marveled with fat, which – when cooked correctly – lubricates the meat making it more unctuous.
After tasting an endive and apple salad in Amsterdam, we decided to pair the pork with another variation, using a Waldorf dressing and adding nuts.
- The pork was $11.16 per 12 oz serve, although truthfully, we’d have been satisfied with half that (if we’d known there were two chops per pack)
- The endive was $2.49 or $1.25 per serve
- A honeycrisp apple was $1.49 or 75c per serve
- Add 30c for dressing ingredients.
Dinner tonight was exceptionally good, if a little expensive at $13.46 per serve. The pork may be expensive but it’s very good and was cooked slower than a normal grill, so the fat would render without the meat overcooking. The endive and apple salad was a sharp contrast to the pork and a perfect accompaniment.