Since we were driving across the Valley anyway, we stopped in at a different Jon’s location and picked up a baguette and BBQ chicken.
- The chicken is $6.99 and we shared one breast or 88c per serve
- The baguette was $2.79 and shared half for this meal, or 70c per serve
- A bag of four avocados were $2.99 and we shared one or 38c per serve.
Lunch today cost $1.96 and was another example of how simple food, but with top notch ingredients, can be really tasty.
We haven’t had a lamb meatloaf in years, so it was time to make a small one. We served with roast parsnip and some tabouli.
- The ground lamb was $7.99 or $4.00 per serve
- The parsnip was $1.25 or 63c per serve
- Tabouli is $2.69 for the tub, and we had 1/4 each, or 68c per serve
- Add 50c for the cucumber tadziki, mint and parsley.
Dinner tonight was tasty, varied and filling, for $5.81 per serve.