A last minute discovery of a complete lack of bread led us to The Country Deli for lunch. Foodie Philip had the usual marinated skirt steak with home fries and over easy eggs, while Greg had a Pastrami on Rye with coleslaw.
Lunch cost $21.62 per server (average) with tax and tip.
It was time to use up the remaining BBQ chicken from last week’s supermarket visit, and what better to serve it with than a tasty rice pilaf with mushrooms and thyme.
- The chicken leg is $1.75 per serve
- Brown rice adds 33c per serve
- The organic leek was $1.35 or 68c per serve
- Mushrooms on “manager’s special” were $1.39 or 70c per serve
- Add 20c for the seasoning.
Tonight’s meal was perfectly serviceable. The rice pilaf had mushroom forward but the thyme was completely lost. A decent meal for $3.66 per serve.