The Foodies were attending a seminar that provided lunch: roast beef, tomato and iceberg on a roll. They were okay, and free.
As we were uncertain what time we would arrive home, we had the pork and eggplant stir fry from last night to fall back on. Some fresh brown rice in the pressure cooker and a quick reheat – with some fish sauce and lime juice added – and we were ready to eat.
- The pork was $15.53 or $3.88 per serve
- Bok Choy was $2.77 and we used 2/3 or 46c per serve
- The eggplant was $1.05, or 26c per serve
- The bell pepper was $1.25, or 32c per serve
- The simmer sauce was $1.99 or 50c per serve
- Add 33c for brown rice.
The sauce was better with the fish sauce and lime juice added and a decent meal for $5.75 per serve.