Shopping for dinner required a trip to Whole Foods, so some sushi was on the agenda for lunch.
Spicy tuna rolls and Firecracker rolls averaged $9.19 per serve.
Foodie Greg’s birthday tradition has been top round corned beef – what we call silverside in Australia – with a traditional boiled dinner: potatoes and cabbage.
A simple New England Boiled Dinner, it is very tasty. We served with an onion horseradish white sauce.
- The corned beef was $28.31 and we’ll get eight serves, or $3.54 per serve
- Russet potatoes were 75c or 38c per serve
- An organic green cabbage was $2.49 but only used half for this meal, or 63c per serve
- Heavy cream was $1.79 and we used half or 45c per serve
- Add 40c for horseradish, flour and butter.
A very satisfying, comforting meal for $5.40 per serve.