Back to toasted sandwiches and today we made a Heirloom Tomato and Swiss each.
- Two slices of bread are 32c per serve
- The heirloom tomato was $3.78 and we used about ¼ or 48c per serve
- Swiss slices are 12 for $3.99 or 17c per serve
- Add 20c for mayo.
Two tasty sandwiches for $1.17 per serve.
Time for a return to a favorite: Bacon and Black Bean Chili with Sour Cream and Cotija cheese. The recipe makes six serves.
- The ground beef was $9.89 or $1.64 per serve
- The beans are $1.00 per can and we used two, or 33c per serve
- Canned tomatoes were $1.29 or 22c per serve
- Tomato paste was 79c or 13c per serve
- Bacon is $6.99 for the pack and we used half, or 39c per serve
- Add 30c per serve for seasoning
- Sour cream cost $3.99 but we used 1/4 on tonight’s meal, or 50c per serve.
- Add 20c for a dusting of cotija cheese.
This is a great recipe and we always enjoy it. The chili is $3.01 per serve and the toppings add 70c for a total of $3.71 per serve.