In order to use the heirloom tomato before it deteriorated, we repeated yesterday’s toasted sandwiches.
- Two slices of bread are 32c per serve
- The heirloom tomato was $3.78 and we used about ¼ or 48c per serve
- Swiss slices are 12 for $3.99 or 17c per serve
- Add 20c for mayo.
Two tasty sandwiches for $1.17 per serve.
We repeated the chili from last night, but plated on tostadas with avocado.
- The ground beef was $9.89 or $1.64 per serve
- The beans are $1.00 per can and we used two, or 33c per serve
- Canned tomatoes were $1.29 or 22c per serve
- Tomato paste was 79c or 13c per serve
- Bacon is $6.99 for the pack and we used half, or 39c per serve
- Add 30c per serve for seasoning
- Sour cream cost $3.99 but we used 1/4 on tonight’s meal, or 50c per serve
- The tostadas are 22 for $2.29 or 21c per serve
- Add 20c for a dusting of cotija cheese
- Two avocados were $2.38 and we shared one, or 60c per serve.
This is a great recipe and we always enjoy it. The chili is $3.01 per serve and the toppings take it to $5.52 per serve.