Yet a third day using that heirloom tomato before it deteriorated, we repeated yesterday’s toasted sandwiches. Fortunately the sandwich is good.
- Two slices of bread are 32c per serve
- The heirloom tomato was $3.78 and we used about ¼ or 48c per serve
- Swiss slices are 12 for $3.99 or 17c per serve
- Add 20c for mayo.
Two tasty sandwiches for $1.17 per serve.
We had a guest coming to dinner so we decided on Tom Kha Moo, which we served with brown rice. Tonight we served with pork cutlets, although we ended up with a lot left over.
- The pork came from our Prather Ranch meat delivery – 1 lb of ground pork cutlets $15.23 or $5.08 per serve
- A can of coconut milk is $1.49 or 50c per serve
- Sliced crimini mushrooms were $2.49 or 83c per serve
- Chicken stock is $1.99 or 66 per serve
- Lemon grass was 15c or 5c per serve
- Add 45c for seasonings
- The brown rice add 33c per serve.
The soup was delicious as usual and the pork simmered in the soup was appropriately tender. A good meal, and great conversation, for $7.90 per serve.