Today we had mixed sandwiches because we are using up what we have ahead of a trip to Australia. Today we had another of the pseudo Rueben sandwiches, and one with smoked turkey breast, Swiss cheese and semi-dried tomatoes. Both were pretty good.
- Two slices of bread are 32c per serve
- Add 17c for Wildbrine Madras Curry and Cauliflower Sauerkraut salad
- The corned beef was $6.92 for 17 oz, and we used about 2oz a serve, or 41c per serve
- Swiss slices are 12 for $3.99 or 17c per serve
- The turkey breast is $5.99 for 8 oz and we shared 2 oz or 75c per serve
- Tomatoes were $2.79 before dehydrating, or 35c per serve
- Add 30c for mayo and cocktail sauce.
Today’s sandwiches were both good for $2.47 per serve.
Tonight’s dinner made three very generous serves of the Turmeric Coconut Curry with Pork. We substituted bok choy for the cabbage because we have it (and it tastes better).
- The pork came from our Prather Ranch meat delivery – 1 lb of ground pork cost $8.31 or $$2.77 per serve
- Add 45c for onion, ginger and turmeric’
- Coconut milk was $1.89 or 63c per serve
- Bok Choy was $1.29 and we used half, or 22c per serve
- Almond flakes were $2.49 but we used only 1/5 or 17c per serve
- Brown rice is 33c per serve.
Dinner tonight could have had a little more heat but the coconut flavor was good. The bok choy provided a nice textural alternative to the pork and rice. A decent meal for $4.57 per serve.