For variety in our toasted sandwiches, today we combined the Trader Joe’s smoked trout with Labné and Garlic spread on alternate sides.
- The smoked trout is $3.49 per can and we shared one, or $1.75 per serve
- Two slices of bread are 32c per serve
- Add 35c for labné and garlic spread/dip.
Lunch today was surprisingly good for $2.42 per serve.
Feeding a large table tonight we decided on Southwest Beans and Sausage with brown rice.
- The Chicken Andouille Sausage is the most expensive component at $7.98 for two packs or $1.14 per serve
- Bell pepper: $1.13 or 16c per serve
- Onion: 10c per serve
- Fire roasted diced tomato (canned): $1.69 a can or 48c per serve
- The pinto beans are 99c a can or 28c a serve
- For the herbs, 15c a serve
- And the rice: 33c a serve
Dinner tonight cost $2.64 a serve. It’s a very tasty, warming stew with a little heat from the andouille.