At lunch the Foodies were apart with their respective families. Foodie Philip was treated to a “Pork Roll” from a local Vietnamese bakery. It turns out this was an Australianization of a Bahn Mi!
With ham and roast pork instead of the bbq Pork we’re used to, but most of the other ingredients, including the patë, were the same, perhaps a little less chili. Overall it was a good sandwich, but closer to a ham salad Roll.
Our parents paid for our respective meals.
Foodie Greg’s mother had given us some lemons so we made Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup.
- The half roasted chicken was $7.50 or $1.88 per serve
- The pasta was $1.75 or 44c per serve
- Carrot was 40c or 10c per serve
- The stock was $3.00, or 75c per serve
- Add 15c for onion, celery and seasonings.
While it turned more to a risotto texture, it was very tasty for Au$3.32 (US$2.42) per serve.