For lunch we had scrambled eggs with moon touched tomatoes (semi dried) on “fry” toast, done in the panini press. It was all pretty good.
- Two eggs are $1.00 per serve
- Tomatoes add 40c per serve
- The bread is 16c per serve
- Add 25c for butter.
Lunch today was tasty for $1.81 per serve with perfect scrambled eggs and a hint of acid from the tomatoes.
It was time to finish a few things so we paired the cold chicken legs remaining from the supermarket chicken, with heirloom tomatoes and burrata cheese as the salad.
The salad was great, with a good balance of creaminess and acid.
- The chicken is $5.99 or $1.50 per serve
- Two heirloom tomatoes were $3.47 and we used 1/2 of one, or 87c per serve
- The burrata was $4.99 for four and we used only one each, or $1.25 per serve.
- Add 30c for dressing and balsamic drizzle.
A pretty good meal for $3.92 per serve.