We shared two sandwiches: pastrami and tabouli on one, heirloom tomato and may on the other.
- The pastrami was $12.73 for .98 lb and we used 2 oz, or 82c per serve
- Sprouted Rye bread is 32c per serve
- The Tabouli is $2.69 and we put about 2 oz on the sandwich, or 33c per serve
- Two heirloom tomatoes were $3.47 and we used 1/2 of one, or 87c per serve
- Add 25c per serve for mayo
- Add 40c for garlic spread.
Today’s sandwiches were both good for $2.99 per serve, although we agree the tomato and mayo was our favorite.
The hot weather returned today so we returned to a favorite salad – Nigel Lawson’s watermelon, feta and black olive salad and eating outside on the North Terrace
- The watermelon was $3.95, or $1.98 per serve
- The feta is $6.49 for 10.5 oz and we shared 3/4 or $2.43 per serve
- Pitted olives come in $2.99 jars and one quarter was used, or 25c per serve
- The red onion is 52c or 17c per serve (there is left over onion)
- Mint came from our garden
- Limes were $1.95 or 98c per serve
- Olive oil and seasonings add another 20c per serve.
Tonight’s meal was as delicious as it always is for $6.01 per serve.